What I have learned!

You can teach an old dog new tricks!
Over the last couple of months I have really jumped into the Internet and have been trying to learn everything I can about marketing online.  What I found is an amazing world of stuff that I had known nothing about.  But kind of did--
Let me explain..  A few years ago (5) I took over a used car department for a high line car dealership (Audi).
And the first thing I did was to give the a presence online kind of by accident.  I found out that they were not using the Auto Trader magazine and that was kind of a big deal when it came to marketing in our community.  Little did I know that they had just started their website www.autotrader.com .  I think a few people are familiar with that one.  Well a short story long I increased the business at this dealership dramatically.  In fact of the 380+ dealerships I finished 2 two years in a row with the largest year over year increase.  Not only did I finish with the second biggest increase year over year my 1st year but I came back and did it again.  That is a pretty darn big increase.  I am not telling you this to brag, because quite frankly I kind of stumbled into it.  What do I mean?  Well the only thing I knew back then was that when I paid attention to the copy and added some descriptions my business would increase dramatically and when I didn't it would go flat.  I did not track it and I could not even tell you what a SEO was and barely can today.  But I knew the Internet was reaching thousands if not millions of people.  One thing I have always known about marketing or advertising is EXPOSURE is key.
The reason I tell you that story is because I realized then that the Internet is changing the world and changing businesses all over the world forever.  I knew years ago that if we could combine network marketing and the Internet,  WOW!  Think about it.. You do not have to get someone to go to a meeting in a hotel to find out about what you are doing.  You don't have to bring them into your home.  You can direct them to a website, like mine http://networkmarketingsuccessgroup.com (cheap plug) and have them watch a video and if it makes since to them they can join.  If not, no big deal.
Remember this business is about sorting not selling.  Someone once told me "No matter how great a steak is, it may be the best steak in the world, you won't be able to get a vegetarian to eat it"  translated:  This industry is not for everyone and you don't want to waste your time with people who are negative.  It just isn't worth it.  There are people out there that nothing will ever change them and so be it.  They can remain our friends and we can go on with life as if nothing has ever happened.  You will be amazed that when your success really starts to mount and you are going on exotic trips and vacations how quickly some of them will come running.  Welcome them with open arms and remind them that network marketing is about so much more then just the money.  It is about who we become along the journey and the relationships we make that will last a lifetime.
Out for now... I will see you on all the best beaches of the world
Bruce Patrick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why a Blog Is So Important?

Times they are a Changing

Social Networking and the Internet